Starting January 1, 2017, you will need to use the link below to apply for a new pistol permit and to renew a pistol permit.
INSTRUCTIONS FOR COMPLETION OF PISTOL PERMIT APPLICATION
- Follow the secure link to create an account with a log-on name and password to start the application process required by law for the background check.
- Fill in the required information and you will be notified within 30 days of your approval.
- Payment can be made online with a credit or debit card with a service fee.
- A computer KIOSK is located in our office at 200 South Court Street, Florence, AL 35630, (2nd floor of the Lauderdale County Courthouse), and is available for those that do not have access to a computer at home or at work.
- You will be notified of your approval by email, text, or automated telephone call.
- Please bring a valid Alabama Driver’s License or Alabama State ID card for verification when you pick up your permit.
- Pistol Permit Office hours are Monday through Friday (excluding holidays) from 8:00 am to 4:00 pm.
- Permit holders seeking renewal will be required to also go online and create an account under this new Pistol Permit issuing system.
- Once on the Pistol Permit application site, click NEW if your permit is expired or you are a new applicant.
- If you are a renewal, click RENEW.
Click on the Pistol Permit Application link below to get started.